Welcome to the Crook County School District
2020-21 School Year!
We have many people to acknowledge and thank for their work this summer:
- Our maintenance and grounds crews have worked hard all summer – coordinating the installation of air conditioning in the two CCHS gym and updating the kitchen – and they continue to tackle projects at our facilities.
- Teachers and educational assistants educated select students across the district this summer.
- Food Service fed hundreds of children throughout the community.
- Principals and Human Resources have searched and hired 32 amazing new members for the team.
- Technology Dept. has done another outstanding summer update of all district technology needs and services. The District could not continue to function without our well-trained Technology staff.
- Transportation has ensured our buses are ready to roll.
- District office staff have labored all summer to ensure the logistical pieces are in place.We hope families are rested and refreshed after the nice summer break and are ready to get back into the school routine. I count it a privilege to be a public educator and to serve with you to ensure we lift the children of Crook County to great heights of success.The district has some important goals for the coming school year:
- We will continue to pick up momentum on our Career and Technical Education initiative. We are offering more classes, coordinating internships, hiring a CTE strategic planner, and putting some leadership pieces in place.
- We will further implement the CharacterStrong traits and continue to build a culture and a climate where students enjoy coming to school and feel connected, safe and happy.
- Our new Wellness Committee will offer several resources throughout the year, covering physical, mental, nutrition, and health screenings for all CCSD staff.
- The district is adding new communication channels and updating our communication, and we now have someone devoted to leading our communications.
- With guidance from our new Nutrition Supervisor, we are promoting our food program.
- CCSD is developing a new online academy to offer our students another learning option.
- Students will take the YouthTruth survey, which will allow us to hear their voices.
- We will survey parents to get their input on district performance.
- We want to continue to connect with our students and ensure that each student is known by face and by name.During the upcoming school year, we will continue to focus on our five Big Priorities:
1. Show up – Enrollment and attendance
2. Faces – Every data point is a student with a name and face
3. Secure and Healthy Learners – Wellness, mental health, school level support
4. Outstanding Learning for All – Powerful, focused initiative implementation for high impact
5. Voices – What can we learn from students to make our schools great?I am honored to serve as superintendent of Crook County School District. With a commitment from our families, we can work together to provide excellent experiences for students at all levels.Sincerely,
Dr. Sara E. Johnson, Superintendent
Crook County School District